Thursday, April 29, 2004

Dream Journal - 04/29/04

When I was growing up, my best friend lived down the street from me. His house was (to me) a mansion: two stories, old, kinda run down (but not trashy), interesting old barns and maids quarters on the property.

Anyway, I dreamed I was going back to his house for some reason. It was all run down and parts of the upstairs were collapsing in. I went inside, there were boxes and crates of things stacked everywhere. It was very light outside and I could see dust motes flying about. I knew I had to find something, so I poked my head into a room. In the middle of the room was (I thought, in my dream) my friend's sister - early 20's or so - and she was hanging from a noose. Still alive, not apparently in much pain. She looked at me with a scared look in her eyes. I didn't panic and pulled over a table under her feet. Her feet didn't quite reach, so I found a knife somewhere, climbed up, and cut her down. I carried her down and she was trying to recover when her mom walked in - age appropriate to when I knew her. I said, "Mrs * - how are you?" She didn't answer, and walked on by, ignoring us. Then my friend walked in (who I haven't seen since high school), and he ignored us too. Last I remember was getting ready to leave, I looked at his sister and told her to call me if she needed me - whenever, whatever.

What's strangest about this is he had three older sisters in real life, and I don't think this girl was any of them. Her face looked familiar to me, but I can't place her right now. I just thought, in the dream, that she was his sister.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home