Sunday, November 21, 2004

Dream Journal - 11/20/04

I sense a pattern emerging that is very interesting. Aliens.

Very short dream, that I remember. I had stepped outside of my parents' house (where I grew up) and looked up in the sky. It was a cloudy evening, and the sky looked threatening - there was a sense of foreboding.

Then I saw them - the ships coming out of the clouds. There had been UFO sightings recently, and the news reports had described what they looked like. Most "rational" people had denied their existence, and cast the eyewitnesses as crazy.

But there they were - two of them, round like two plates stacked together top rim to top rim (i.e. they bulged in the middle). They were twinkling with lights and appeared to hover together over my house.

I had a secret thrill at seeing the alien crafts, but the feeling quickly turned to fear and dread.


That's all I recall. Once again, my kids busted in and woke me up. Why can't a dad get a decent, long, dream-filled Saturday morning sleep? :)

This dream, coupled with yesterday's, the ALF thing, and the dream from several weeks ago about the aliens attacking the building I was in, seems to denote a pattern that I'm not certain of its meaning. In all the dreams, the aliens seemed to represent different things.

Another interesting pattern, and a lack of pattern that I just discovered, is that I dream often about my parents' house, which as I said before is the house where I grew up. I'm assuming it's a place I feel comfortable at (which it is) and I conjure it up as a defense mechanism against whatever my subconscious is throwing at me.

What's more interesting is the fact that I don't dream about my house now, where I live with my wife and kids. I need to look back over all my entries, but I don't recall having a dream since I started this journal that took place here at home. Does that mean I feel safer and more secure back at my parents' than here? Something I'm going to have to explore...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home