Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Dream Journal - 06/23/04

I woke up this morning around 5:30-5:45. I'd apparently been dreaming, I could feel the, um, residual effects but couldn't remember anything so I went back to sleep. Apparently the fact that your dreaming periods within each consecutive 90-minute cycle increase as they go along is true, because I woke again in the middle of the following dream at about 6:45 (only about an hour later).

I was walking alone down a street, at night, presumably in a large city. I apparently was going to go see Jerry Seinfeld (?) and walked up to his apartment door. Someone or something there told me he wasn't home, but I should go visit his restaurant down the street. I continued down the street to a hole-in-the-wall restaurant. I don't recall it having a name, but I knew it was Jerry's. I peeked my head inside, and from the outside it looked like a diner - I believe I noticed a food counter with a cash register. I entered cautiously, not really sure whether I wanted to get a table. From the inside the interior changed fairly dramatically, and there were plants everywhere and lots of (fairly) elegant tables.

I moved over to a small table near the front where a young woman was sitting - she was apparently a cashier as well, and there was a cash register with her. I sat down at the table and ordered something (probably wasn't coffee - I don't drink coffee) and offered to pay for it with cash. She was very pleasant, but remarked that they only took credit cards - not cash. I was flabbergasted, and had never heard of anyone not taking cash.

Is this one of those 'slight unreality moments' crying out to notify me, "Hey - something's off! This is a dream!" ?

The next moment I'm sitting at another table in the restaurant with several people I don't know, but sitting across from me is Vicky Lawrence. Her hair looks unkempt, very different from her normal style - almost as if it weren't washed. I remarked that I'd seen "The Carol Burnett Show Reunion" the other day, and liked it very much. She was friendly, but rolled her eyes at the memory - apparently the reunion show had been a pain for her. I told her I switched between it and the Dick Van Dyke Show Reunion that was on at the same time.

In real life, I had watched and enjoyed both of those shows but they were not on at the same time - about a week apart, I believe. And both on CBS, so I couldn't have switched between them.

This dream was fairly real and vivid - of course, vivid to me may be a relative term, likely not having experienced what a lot of Lucid Dreamers would consider a "vivid" dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home