Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Dream Journal - 07/20/04

Couldn't sleep well last night. I have trouble sleeping when I try to go to bed before I'm sleepy (12am this time) - toss and turn a lot.

I remember I was in charge of a small aquarium in a museum. Someone - some kid - had reached into the aquarium and swirled around all the rocks at the bottom. I had to give him a lecture about how the gravel helps keep the tank clean by filtering the waste, etc.

Something I haven't thought consciously about since I actually owned a small tank several years ago.

Then I'm lying in my bed in an unfamiliar room. My father-in-law is sitting in a chair across the room in the near-dark, chatting with me about aquariums and when we'd gotten them. I tell him my wife and I first got one when our son was small, not later when our daughter was born.

Finally:

Someone was on my back, a large child or small adult. I thought it might've been a woman, so I felt around and held onto the back of their leg. They hopped down and it was a preteen boy from my church. He just grinned at me.

I woke up then and realized I was lying on my side and my wife was aslep, "spooning" me from behind. Ah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home