Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Dream Journal - 08/16/04

I was with a group of college-age people, apparently out at a ranch or cabin in the woods. We were all friends, and a couple of the women I could tell were attracted to me. Several of the guys and I were out in the field playing frisbee, or football or something, and I had taken my shirt off to play. I could tell that I was getting some appreciative looks...

Now, I'm not buff by any stretch of the imagination. By the same token my upper chest region is probably one of my better features - so I've been told - so it wasn't that strange a thing to have happen.

When we finished playing, I went back to the cabin and laid down outside against a wall. Two of the women came over and laid down on either side of me, leaning on me. Both were beginning to get rather amorous - at least, until, I lifted my hand to show them my wedding ring and told them to remember I was married...

They stopped. And I woke up.

I also recall at one point I had lost a tooth - a canine, apparently - but it was long and pointed, almost like a very thin snake fang. I remember holding it in my hand and wondering why it was ever in my mouth...


Even in my dreams, my values are prevalent.

1 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Blogger Marie said...

"Even in my dreams, my values are prevalent."

maybe that is why you woke up when you did.

are you familiar with freud's theory of the "censor"? in short, his idea is that when we wake up directly from a dream it is because the emotional currents of the latent content (the 'real meaning' behind the dream) is too high for us to stay asleep.

maybe the fact that you had to tell the women you were married was so upsetting to your subconscious that it woke you up?

if this were my dream, i would be asking myself how i felt while the women were being "amorous" with me, how i felt when they stopped, and any residual feelings i was left with when i woke up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home