Sunday, August 01, 2004

Dream Journal - 08/01/04

We were to pick up someone this morning for church. She lives at our local university, where I went to school some *ahem* years ago.

I dreamed I was driving down the main road that passed the residence hall where I used to live on campus (the same one she lives in now). The road was not exactly the right road, but in the dream I knew it to be correct. The sun was shining, the scene was idyllic - a sort of downtown small-town Americana, one of almost pristine cleanliness. As I rode down the street, I saw walking down the sidewalk one of my best friends from that time of my life. We waved cheerfully at each other and I drove on.

I passed the residence hall for some reason and continued driving down the road. At the end of the road, I encountered the "town square" and there was a traffic circle in the middle. As I drove around the circle, intending to head back the way I came I noticed the road that went back in the opposite direction I had just traveled was a different road. I looked down it and saw the buildings weren't quite as lovely, and were unfamiliar. I don't know if I then woke up or my dream changed because I refused to continue on down that road but that's all I recall.



Interpretations:

Road: Seeing a road in your dream indicates your sense of direction and pursuit of your goals. Seeing a smooth road bordered by green trees and flowers indicates a steady progress and steady climb up the social ladder. If the road is straight and narrow, then it means that your path to success is going according as planned. If the road is dark, then it reflects the darker or more frightening choices which you have made or are making.

Friend: Seeing your friends in your dream means aspects of your personality that you have rejected, but are ready to integrate these rejected part of yourself. The relationships you have with those around you are important in learning about yourself. Additionally, this symbol foretells of happy tidings from them and the arrival of good news. Seeing your childhood friend in your dream means regression into your past where you had no responsibilities and things were much simpler and carefree. You may be wanting to escape the the pressures and stresses of adulthood. Consider the relationship you had with this friend and the lessons that were learned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home