Monday, August 02, 2004

Dream Journal - 08/02/04

Well, the dry spell has taken at least a temporary siesta. Last night's was fun, if confusing...

This dream seemed to have a reset button.

I dreamed I was in a large building with high ceilings like a huge Target or a supermarket. A crowd of people were inside, some sitting at tables, others lounging around. There seemed to be a lot of futuristic equipment inside. Oh yes, we were also being attacked by aliens.

Well, attacked is a strong word. Outside the building aliens were talking to us, making threats and demands. I and my trusty R2 unit (from Star Wars) were among the folks in the building.


Well, that's the background. Apparently I dreamed this part earlier in the dream because the part I actually recall is this:

I'm in the same location, at the beginning of the "scenario" - the aliens have yet to appear and start threatening us. But as it begins, I recall it having happened before and I realize it's a scenario - a live role playing game, or a holodeck. The action is not real, but I'm free to take part in it and play my role.

I recall getting up, grabbing what alternately became either a Laser Tag gun or a squirt gun, and disappeared into a maze of corridors where we all ran and shot at each other. The "James Bond" aspect was very life-like and very exciting.

At one point, I recall running into a medium height, dark-haired woman who was shooting at me as we passed each other. We then turned around to look at each other quizzicaly, as if we knew each other or there was some odd connection. I continued on through the corridors playing Laser Tag/water gun tag.

Eventually I emerged from the corridor maze back into the main area. People still all around. I sensed someone with me, behind me - another presence but I didn't look around to see and it didn't bother me. In front of me were several beautiful young women, and one started talking to me in an Irish accent. I said, in an Irish accent of my own, "Ah, you're Irish lasses?" They smiled and invited me to join their choir.

Yes, choir. I walked around behind where they were standing, and there were guys there too. One of them handed me a piece of sheet music, and they started to sing.


Now, this is wonderfully odd. I am a singer and musician, and an excellent sight-reader (meaning I can sing a song very quickly just by reading the music). I am also in a choir. What's amazing is that, although it's gone now, upon waking I could recall the tune of the music, and what the sheet of paper with the notes on it looked like. I even recall a particularly difficult couple of measures - but I don't recall ever hearing of seeing the song or the music before. Apparently I am composing my own music in my dreams. Awesome!

After the singing was finished, I moved on around the front of the room. I recall taking my R2 unit (which was smaller than life-size, actually it was the same size as the 3D Puzzle of him I have on my computer desk) and crouching in front of a table of people eating dinner, near the front of the building. They watched me quizzically as I listened to the aliens talk.

That's the end. What an interesting dream...

My interpretation: is this the beginnings of lucidity? In the dream, I live through the experience once, then live through it again. The second time I recognize it's not real but a role-playing game. Does this mean my subconsciousness is recognizing that dreams aren't real, and I can begin to participate of my own free will and not follow a "script"? More hope for the future...

Incidentally, I got in bed about 12:30 and slept like a rock until 7am.



Interpretations:

Building: Dreaming of a building, represents the self and the body. How high you are in the building indicates a rising level of understanding or awareness. If you are in the lower levels of the building, then it refers to more primal attitudes and/or sexuality.

Invasion: Dreaming of an invasion, represents your need to be more assertive. Stand up for yourself and let your voice be known.

Aliens: When you dream that you are surrounded by aliens is an indication that you might be finding some difficulties ajusting to a new environment, new people or a new job.

Maze: Dreaming that you are in a maze indicates that you need to deal with the task on hand at a more direct level. You are making the situation harder than it really is. Alternatively, the maze may symbolize your life and its twists and turns.

Foreigner: Seeing a foreigner in your dream, represents an aspect of yourself that is unfamiliar or strange to you. You may be neglecting or ignoring some important feelings or talents.

Choir: Dreaming that you are singing in a choir, symbolizes spiritual harmony and balance. It also refers to your ability to work and cooperate with others.

Table: Seeing a table in your dream, represents social unity and the potential for a meeting or gathering. It refers to your social and family connections. If the table is broken or not functional, then it suggests some dissension in a group. Perhaps there is something you cannot hold inside any longer and need to bring it out in the open.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home