Friday, August 27, 2004

Dream Journal - 08/27/04

I really wish my dreams would stick with me at least for a little while, so I can capture them on paper or this online journal.

Last night I had a pretty epic dream - I'll get to what I can remember of it in a second. But even moments after I woke up and began to recall it, whole sections had already begun to drop out of my memory. Ever watch a movie, and something happen to the reel so the film stops spooling through the chamber, but the light is still on? The light is so hot and bright, it immediately starts to melt the film. That's what my memory feels like on waking - like the movie of my dream is spooling along, and the hot light of waking up melts the memories away.

I think Sam and Al on Quantum Leap said it best - Sam's memory was "swiss-cheesed" because of his leaping through time. That's what my dream memories feel like sometimes.

Anyway, what I can recall:

I was shipwrecked with a group of people on an island. Running through my head was that I was in the middle of a modern-day "Gilligan's Island" remake, but it was a drama. As we fanned out to explore the island, we came upon what seemed to be a small school campus of buildings. All were deserted, and had been for some time. I remember the buildings containing school supplies, papers, etc.

SWISS CHEESE - SWISS CHEESE


I had started to watch "Raptor Island" on the Sci-Fi channel earlier in the evening, which starts off with a plane crash on a desert island, then later a group of soldiers land on an island. The movie was so bad I turned it off ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home