Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Dream Journal - 08/23/04

Two dreams recalled.

The first I was with a current coworker that I've dreamed of before, and she and I were working in a computer center of some kind. Eventually she leaves and begins IM'ing me through the PC, using an old kind of chat application - like Whoopi Goldberg used in "Jumping Jack Flash". Another co-worker was needing something to do with power cords...

The second dream was clearer. I had just finished attending a social event of some kind downtown in a large city. It was night time, and cool and damp as if it had just rained recently. An old female friend of mine - whom, strangley enough, I've also dreamed of before...and even more strangely has the same name as the girl in the first dream - was heading out and I offered to give her a ride home. She agreed, but needed to stop by her hotel downtown first and would be right back.

I dropped her off in front of the hotel and she got out. For some reason, I didn't want to, or was not allowed to idle on the street and wait for her so I began to circle the block.

I pulled into what seemed to be a parking garage. I could see the front of the hotel through the open spaces of the garage. I apparently wasn't paying attention to what I was doing and sideswiped one of two cars that were parked near the entrance.

I got out and began surveying the damage with the owners who happened to be nearby. For some reason, I was adamant that my friend not find out I'd done this.


The second dream was sparked by recent events. I actually did attend a social event with this old friend of mine, and we did ride together to and from the event.

2 Comments:

At 11:36 PM, Blogger j (PM) r said...

It's cool how dreams could be caused from trigger events. A few of my dreams that I have had in the past were triggered from scenes in a movie.

By the way, it's nice to see another dream journal writer on BlogSpot!

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Marie said...

just because a dream utilizes activities that have happened in our day-to-day lives does not mean that the dream can simply be dismissed. it's commonly called "day residue," but your dream chose that image, out of all of the near infinite possible images it has to choose from, to relate something to you.

if this were my dream, i would ask myself how i feel about the two women, particularly the old friend from the second dream. i would ask myself what qualities they have which i envy, and see if i have been lacking (or merely precieving myself to be lacking) in those qualities in my waking life. because you don't want her to find out you side-swiped the cars, i get the impression that you are trying to impress her. is she the down-to-earth, very grounded individual who would never let her mind dream off in the car and get in an accident?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home