Sunday, September 12, 2004

Dream Journal - 09/11/04

I dreamed I had come from out of town to coach a small-town baseball or soccer team. I recall walking with some of the team members around the downtown area and went into one store in particular. I don't recall anything about it, only that we spent some time there.

The town was almost Mayberry-esque, almost an old west (but fairly modern) feel.


There may be more - I wrote the dream impressions down just as I woke up, but I've misplaced the paper. When I find it, and if there was more, I'll edit.

2 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Blogger j (PM) r said...

Lately I've been having dreams where elements of Charleston (where I live now), Regina (where I had my college days) and Yorkton (my birthplace) mixed together. How does the mind do that, I wonder? Taking familiar elements and composing a unique mental image is either taxing or making use of the artistic side of the brain.

What do you think?

 
At 12:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great question. It seems a lot of my dreams have a lot to do with setting - where I am, what's going on around me. Whether it's DisneyWorld, or the big college (which is a setting I find recurring) or my parents' house, a lot of times the setting is the star, and what I'm actually doing isn't that important.

Maybe you should look for a common thread between all three areas, and whatever that thread is could be either:

a) a situation you're longing to return to, or feel comfortable in, or

b) a sticking point or problem you're trying to resolve.

For instance, if you're subconsciously looking for some peace and quiet in your life, you might dream of a favorite restaurant in Charleston, the student lounge in Regina and a ballpark in Yorkton - all places you associate with good times, comfort and security.

My $.02 worth of free interpretation :)

Lachesis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home