Monday, January 10, 2005

Dream Journal - 01/10/05

I'm friends with a couple who seem to be having trouble with their marriage. The husband is somewhat of a mentor to me in my church, and is part of a Men's Bible Study that I'm a part of. He's also a recovering substance abuser.

I dream this husband showed up at my house, drunk. It wasn't my current home, of course, but my childhood home. Trouble is, he wasn't a human - he was a book. A paperback book.

I took care of him during the night, and he - or the book - was still drunk the next morning.

I phoned one of the other members of our Bible Study group, the husband's good friend, to tell him what had happened.

Cut to our group is meeting outside a house, somewhere at the top of a steep driveway. There are four of us, and the husband walks up (as a human now) in some sort of strange costume. I look at him carefully to see if he's simply joking around and has come to ask for our forgiveness but I can tell he's still drunk.

I feel very ashamed and angry at him.

6 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Blogger j (PM) r said...

Does the husband of the dream carry the characters that he has in the waking life? The dream world could exaggerate such characteristics.

 
At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, actually he's the friendliest, most self-effacing man you'd ever meet. However, he refers to his substance-abusing past occasionally and has confessed to having a big temper with his family. It's something that haunts him, and I believe it had something to do with the problem referred to earlier.

Lachesis

 
At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well interesting post. I was looking for Info on dream symbol and I came across your site and while Dream Journal - 01/10/05 wasn't an exact match i was most interested to read what you had to say. I was looking for dream symbol infomation, I glad I came across your site I'll visit again sometime.

 
At 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi love your blog. I came across it while looking for what dream mean. I know Dream Journal - 01/10/05 is not an exact match but thanks for the read. I'll get on with my search for what dream mean stuff and will visit again sometime. Take Care

 
At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi it never ceases to amaze me how creative people are, especailly the young ones, gives me hope for the future. Anyway I was looking for information on dream symbol and landed on your page. I was looking more for dream symbol so Dream Journal - 01/10/05 wasn't an exact match but I enjoyed reading your posts. Take Care. I'll bookmark your blog for future.

 
At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi love your blog. I came across it while looking for innocent dream. I know Dream Journal - 01/10/05 is not an exact match but thanks for the read. I'll get on with my search for innocent dream stuff and will visit again sometime. Take Care

 

Post a Comment

<< Home