Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Dream Journal - 04/26/05

In a rare dream experience, I dream I am another person/character and not myself. But I assume this person represents myself...

I am Sheriff Andy Taylor (Andy Griffith) and along with my trusty deputy Barney we are trying to defend the courthouse from an invader and protect little Opie.

Well, except it's not "The Courthouse TM" from TV, but a larger building - more modern, with many shadows, steel railings and stairs, carpet and back and side entrances. And I don't think it's actually Opie we're protecting, but that's the sense I get from being Andy.

Eventually, through several chases we capture the suspect - who looks a lot like (or is being played by) former Saturday Night Live star Jimmy Fallon. I handcuff him and do something with him (don't recall what).

But all is still not well - there is someone else trying to get in. I alternate perspectives of myself and Barney and we try to chase and round up this guy. Eventually we find him and I (Andy) tackle him and attempt to supdue him. I can't tell who he is, but has very vivid red/orange hair. I recall being very angry, and almost too rough with the guy after he's down.


Am I resentful or fearful of someone intruding into my "safe" places? I try to think I'm a welcoming and inviting person. Not sure what this means...

2 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger celestial blue said...

I have to say... I totally laughed outloud when I read that you had dreamt you were Andy Taylor... that's hilarious!

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say it was somewhat unusual. It was actually more like I was Andy Taylor, but on an episode of Hill Street Blues or NYPD Blue or something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home