Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Dream Journal - 06/21/05

My family and I are in my parents' house, where I grew up - except it's a bit different. It feels like a trailer rather than a house. But the interior layout is the same. My wife and daughter are in the kitchen, my son is in my old bedroom and I'm in a den that is between the other two rooms. I feel the house begin to shake and it starts to tip over backwards, as if the ground has given way underneath it. The house falls over on its back, and since my wife is with my daughter, I call to her to tell her I'm going to try and climb my way to the bedroom to find my son.

I try to cry to him, but no sound can come out.

As I reach the bedroom, finally, and see the rubble inside I can't find a sign of him. Before I can begin to search, the house tips again and suddenly begins rolling, over and over, down a large hill. We are all tossed around like dolls...

3 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had dreams like that before. I hate the tumbling feeling. It's different from falling, though.

Just a question... Do you feel pretty much in control of your life? Do you feel like, if something devastating happened to your family, that you could fix it?

Pretty obvious questions after a dream like that, I guess. Sorry if that's remedial.

"Wild One"

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Matt said...

That sounds like a pretty intense dream. However, probably the important thing is what emotions were you feeling during the dream? I've had dreams that seem pretty benign, but with really strong emotions. And on the other hand, I've had dreams that seem tragic, where I haven't been too upset by what is happening.

 
At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anon: I do feel in control, but I always have a nagging fear at the back of my brain that if I let my guard down, if I slip up, something bad could happen to them. It first manifested itself in some overprotectiveness to my kids, but that's improved.

Zataod: The emotion I can remember most was frustration, followed by fear - frustation at not being able to help, not being able to find my son and most of all not being able to call out to him (I couldn't make a sound). I was afraid for him, and not for myself, really.

Finnegan: Interesting idea. If you've read some of my previous posts, for some reason my parents' house (which I grew up in till I was 18) figures more prominantly in my dreams than any other structure, and much more often than the home I live in today with my family....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home